As a Comparison Specialist, you will:
- Reconcile trades known on Baird's books to trades compared on exchanges or with other broker-dealers for an assigned group of products with the ability to reconcile any product/exchange combination.
- Reconcile positions known on Baird's books to those shown on Trading systems for an assigned group of inventories with the ability to reconcile any group of inventories
This role is part of the Trading Operations Team. The Trading Operations Team provides all operational support to Baird's Institutional Equity and Research Team and Fixed Income Capital Markets, including providing direct support to Baird traders and salespeople. The team has a heavy focus on relationship management and providing exceptional client service. The Comparison role will work directly with IER/FICM, trading Operations associates, PWM associates, and primarily with associates from other broker dealers to resolve trade discrepancies.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Opportunity to work with and gain exposure to multiple teams and departments across the firm and industry
- flexibility to work independently in a fast paced team environment; exposure to many different data sets and ability to make decisions and affect change through analysis and questions.
- Compelling careers working side-by-side with the best in the business
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field. 1+ years in financial services or operations role or educational equivalent.
- Experience/demonstrated knowledge in working with systems such as an OMS, record keeping (BETA) and Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and database (Access or SQL).
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on detail and accuracy. Ability to tolerate peak workloads, multiple assignments, and work within deadlines to produce accurate results.
- Ability to function as a member of a team dedicated to quality customer service, the ability to stay focused under pressure, and organize and prioritize workload in order to manage time and perform multiple tasks.
Who we are:
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has more than $167 billion in client assets and over 3,300 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 4 on FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017, its fourteenth consecutive year on the list. To learn more about Baird's culture, click here.